Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Detox Day 10 - feeling balanced

I’m loving this time of year. No, not the weather, but the change in pace. December was very hectic at the clinic and at home, but now things have slowed down and are allowing me a much needed breather (especially during a cleanse). It’s nice to catch up on paperwork and finally finish (most) of my ‘government stuff’ for 2009 in preparation to see my accountant! I find I’m more relaxed and more patient these days, which is how it should be all the time!
I’m feeling really good at this point. I was thinking that I no longer wake up thinking that ‘I’m on a cleanse’. It actually feels like any other day, except for the fact that I wouldn’t willingly start my day off with a cold smoothie in the middle of winter! Aside from that, I can’t believe how ‘normal’ this all feels. Another example of how adaptable the human body is. Actually, my body not only feels like it’s adapted, but like it’s thriving.
If you’re doing your first cleanse, or if your diet was very different from the foods you’re eating on mediclear, you may not feel this way, so don’t feel guilty if you don’t. It takes some long-term change or at least a few cleanses under your belt before you reach a comfort zone in this area. What I love to hear from my patients is that the cleanse ‘really wasn’t that different from how I normally eat’. That would be the ultimate goal – trying to eat 80-90% of a whole foods clean diet. At that level you should really feel a difference in your overall health, and when sustained for several years, you will actually feel like a different person (on a cellular level – the body takes about 7 years to completely regenerate every cell).
Breakfast – Mediclear smoothie (mango, strawberries, banana, water), Green tea, then rice-millet cereal with raisins and almond milk.
Lunch – hummus and rice crackers. Strawberries. Grapes. A Big salad with all sorts of veggies and red cabbage – the colors are magnificent. The dressing was olive oil, rice vinegar, tamari, sesame oil, pepper. This was all eaten over the course of 4 hrs or so, not all at once! Another green tea.
Dinner – mediclear with water. I stirfried sliced portabello mushroom, garlic, and a whole head of beet greens in olive oil. Served on brown rice. I will eat this after Yoga tonight.
Before yoga I will have a snack of some raw almonds and a peach.

I’m very excited because tonight I’m heading off to Hot Yoga again (this time with a friend) for another 90min class. I can’t wait to feel the difference of doing 2 sessions in one week – this is such a luxury for me because of the distance (studio is in Vaughn). Off to sweat out the rest of the toxins!

Dr. Anna Falkowski HBSc, ND
Naturopathic Doctor & Clinic Director
Vitality for Life Health Center
www.vitalityforlife.ca

Dr. Anna Falkowski HBSc, ND
Naturopathic Doctor, Clinic Director
info@vitalityforlife.ca
www.vitalityforlife.ca
Twitter: @NaturoDoctor
We're On Facebook!

No comments: