Saturday, January 16, 2010

Detox Day 13 – I’m seeing the light!

Today was much better mentally than yesterday. I know that tomorrow is the last day, and I can handle that. People are often tempted to quit a few days early – there’s always a good ‘excuse’. But I urge you to hang in there and use this opportunity to test your mental endurance! You will have an amazing sense of accomplishment by sticking with your intended cleanse duration, and it will make your future cleanses feel more realistic and doable! I’m feeling pretty good about myself today, knowing I’m in the home stretch, and that I had an amazing detox with NO bad food.

Breakfast – Mediclear smoothie (mango, strawberry, water). Green Tea. Oatmeal with raisins, cinnamon and almond milk.
Lunch – Asian Soup: sautee 1 onion, 3 celery, 3 carrots, pinch of chilli peppers in olive oil. Add 2 cloves garlic (minced), 2 L water, Bragg’s liquid seasoning and tamari to taste. Let simmer for 20 min. Add rice noodles (I used very thin vermicelli ones) and several handfuls of baby spinach. Cook 1 more minute and remove from heat. Before serving add 2 Tbsp lime juice and 2 Tbsp sesame oil. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
Snack – green tea, strawberries and pomello.
Dinner – This was a mish mash of stuff: guacamole, hummus, red peppers, celery and carrot sticks, rice crackers.
Snack – chamomile tea and papaya.

Oh, and I didn’t get that cold I felt I was getting. I do feel a little more tired than normal, and something may be lingering, but so far I’m doing ok. Everyone around me is sick, so I’m sure my body is trying to fight an infection.

Dr. Anna Falkowski HBSc, ND
Naturopathic Doctor & Clinic Director
Vitality for Life Health Center
www.vitalityforlife.ca

Dr. Anna Falkowski HBSc, ND
Naturopathic Doctor, Clinic Director
info@vitalityforlife.ca
www.vitalityforlife.ca
Twitter: @NaturoDoctor
We're On Facebook!

No comments: