Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Detox Day 2 – where’s the headache I was expecting?

Knock on wood, I still don’t have a headache. I really thought it would come today, as it usually does for most people (one of the most common ‘detox reactions’). I think I may have really stayed on top of my green tea consumption, and warded off the caffeine-withdrawl! I had 3 cups yesterday, and 3 today.
I knew today would be a challenge with my 4 year old going back to school. Our morning pace was hectic, and I had to avert a tantrum from my son (he’s not wanting to go back to school). I too went back to work after a week off, which is stressful as well with all the year-end paper work! Despite all this, I felt really stable today, with great energy during the day.
Breakfast – Mediclear shake with blueberries and almond milk, then a green tea. 30minutes later I had my millet-rice flakes with raisins and almond milk. Around 11am I had a bunch of black berries and strawberries and a green tea, and then 1pm my lunch – brown rice from yesterday – I added frozen peas, coconut butter, tamari and organic baby spinach. I assembled all this in the morning, and at work I microwaved it for 2 minutes. It was really tasty. Carlos apparently made hummus, rice crackers and veggies for his lunch. We have dinner together when I get home from work.
Mid afternoon I had a green tea and tried a Vega Whole food Bar – I only ate about half because it wasn’t all that great AND it was rich. I’m normally not an energy bar person (I prefer real food), but I thought I’d try it as I got it in my stocking for Christmas
I had a few almonds as well.
Dinner (this was prepared by Carlos, so I didn’t have control over the veggies content, but you have to give up some control when someone else is making your meal!) – brown rice pasta with a drizzle of sesame oil and tamari, and a salmon steak sautéed in tamari and garlic. Delicious.
I will be watching the Biggest Loser tonight (LOVE that show), and I’ll be wanting a little treat, so I’m going to make a ‘decadent’ tea – vanilla rooibos with almond milk – it’s a hug in a mug, very satisfying. Can’t wait. I might add a touch of honey, we’ll see.
I thought doing a cleanse with kids to worry about would be tough, but in a way it’s easier. They keep me so busy and force me to be super organized with my meals. They’re eating their own breakfast and lunches, but will eat whatever we prepare for dinner, so no big deal! I last exercised on Sunday, and tomorrow morning is my next work out, so we’ll see how I feel then!

Dr. Anna Falkowski HBSc, ND
Naturopathic Doctor & Clinic Director
Vitality for Life Health Center
www.vitalityforlife.ca

Dr. Anna Falkowski HBSc, ND
Naturopathic Doctor, Clinic Director
info@vitalityforlife.ca
www.vitalityforlife.ca
Twitter: @NaturoDoctor
We're On Facebook!

No comments: