Thursday, February 18, 2010

Grilled Veggie & Chickpea salad

The other day I made a fantastic and easy grilled veggie meal. I used my panini maked (a grill with 2 pieces that 'sandwich' whatever you're grilling). I sliced sweet potato, red pepper, portabello mushrooms and red onion and brushed with olive oil. I grilled these until tender. When you pull the veggies off the grill, slice into bite sized pieces.
In a bowl I mixed a generous amount of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and 2 cloves of crushed garlic, salt and pepper. Add 1 can of chickpeas (rinsed). Add the veggies and mix to coat. Serve on its own of over a salad of baby spinach. The longer it sits, the better the marinated veggies taste.
Enjoy!

Dr. Anna Falkowski HBSc, ND
Naturopathic Doctor & Clinic Director
Vitality for Life Health Center
www.vitalityforlife.ca

Dr. Anna Falkowski HBSc, ND
Naturopathic Doctor, Clinic Director
info@vitalityforlife.ca
www.vitalityforlife.ca
Twitter: @NaturoDoctor
We're On Facebook!

No comments: