Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Fun for the Kids, Great workout for you!

This past weekend was such a beautiful and sunny one that we realized the snow will soon be gone. We took advantage of it by getting outdoors and enjoying some last minute tobogganing at our favorite hill! As I was climbing the hill after each run, dragging the sled (with 4 year old attached), I realized what a great workout I was getting. My heart was pumping, my legs and gluts were burning and I was sweating! I was thinking that it would make for a great 'Biggest Loser' challenge - how many times can you make it up an icy hill dragging a 50 pound child on a sled! Anyway, for those of you struggling to find time for exercise, get outside with your kids and get creative. There's many activities like toboganning that serve double purpose - the kids are having a great time and you're getting your daily exercise. Climb the monkey bars, chase a soccer ball, play tag, ride a bike, run with the stroller. It's all the little things that add up!

Dr. Anna Falkowski HBSc, ND
Naturopathic Doctor & Clinic Director
Vitality for Life Health Center
www.vitalityforlife.ca

Dr. Anna Falkowski HBSc, ND
Naturopathic Doctor, Clinic Director
info@vitalityforlife.ca
www.vitalityforlife.ca
Twitter: @NaturoDoctor
We're On Facebook!

No comments: